Section of General Internal Medicine
Associate Professor of Medicine
Director of Quality
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|MD||1980||The University of Chicago||
|Residency||1983||University of Iowa||Internal Medicine
|MPH||1995||University of Illinois||Public Health
Dr. Davis is interested in preventive cardiology and assessing and improving the quality of care in chronic diseases such as diabetes.
Environmental and occupational health, public health, integrative medicine, disparities in health care and outcomes.
- Kirkpatrick J, Balasia B, Davis AM, Spencer KT. Hand carried cardiac ultrasound as a tool to screen for important cardiovascular disease in an underserved minority health clinic. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography 2004;17:399-403.
- Leikin J, Davis A (eds) Selected Topics Related to Occupational and Environmental Medicine I. Disease-A-Month 2000; 46:240-322.
- Andersson GBJ, Lucente T, Davis AM. A comparison of osteopathic manipulation compared with standard care for patients with low back pain N Eng J Med 1999;341:1426-31.
- Warnecke R., Sudman S., Johnson T., O’Rourke D., Davis AM. Cognitive aspects of recalling and reporting health-related events: Papanicolaou smears, clinical breast examinations, and mammograms. Am J Epidemiol 1997;146:982-92.
- Kviz F, Clark M, Hope H, Davis A. Patients’ perceptions of their physician’s role in smoking cessation by age and readiness to stop smoking. Preventive Med 1997; 26:340-9.