Section of Pulmonary / Critical Care
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Referring Physician Access Line: 1-877-DOM-2730
|BA||1994||Miami University||Microbiology, Chemistry, Zoology
|MD||1998||Case Western Reserve University||
|Residency||2001||The University of Chicago||Internal Medicine
|Fellowship||2004||The University of Chicago||Pulmonary and Critical Care
Dr. Hogarth's research focusses on the prevention and diagnostics of thoracic malignancies. He's the Director of Bronchoscopy at the University of Chicago Medical Center and utilizes minimally invasive techniques to find pre-cancer of the airway and to diagnose and stage thoracic malignancies in outpatient procedures. His work frequently allows patients to avoid unnecessary trips to the operating room. He is also involved with Alpha One Antitrypsin Deficiency (AATD), and is on the committee writing the new ATS guidelines for the disease. He is a PI on several AATD trials and runs a large clinic devoted solely to this disorder.
Bronchoscopy, Interventional Bronchoscopy, Lung Nodules, Alpha One Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Mahajan, A., Patel, S., Wightman, R., Hogarth, D.K. Electromagnetic Navigational Bronchoscopy: An Effective And Safe Approach To Diagnosing Peripheral Lung Lesions Unreachable By Conventional Bronchoscopy In High Risk Patients. 2011. Journal of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology. 2011. 18(2). 133-137
- Sweiss NJ, Patterson K, Sawaqed R, Jabbar U, Korsten P, Hogarth K, Wollman R, Garcia JG, Niewold TB, Baughman RP. Rheumatologic manifestations of sarcoidosis. Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2010 Aug;31(4):463-73
- Young, R.P., Hopkins, R.J., Smith, M., Hogarth, D.K. Smoking Cessation: The Potential Role of Risk Assessment Tools at Motivational Triggers. Postgrad Med J. 2010. Jan;86(1011): 26-33.
- Mahajan, A., Hogarth, D.K. Alpha One Antitrypsin Deficiency: Treatment Beyond Augmentation Therapy. Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Allergy Agents in Medicinal Chemistry. 2010. 9(4). 330-335.
- Frank, K., Hogarth, D.K., Miller, J., et. al. Investigation of the Cause of Death in a Gene-Therapy Trial. New England Journal of Medicine. 2009. 361 (2): 161-169.